DANTE ‘DAN’ FILETTI
I have practiced law for over 35 years. I began my career as a judge advocate in the United States Navy and served on active duty for over 10 years. I left active service in 1990 and entered private practice with an established firm in Northern Virginia. In 1994, I relocated to the Tidewater Area to open a new office for a Richmond-based firm. In 1998, I became a founding member of Goodman, Allen & Filetti, where I maintained an active trial practice for over 17 years. Looking for new challenges, I started FILETTI LAW in November 2015.
I have more than 25 years of civil trial experience. My practice focuses primarily in the areas of Medical Malpractice Law, Health Care Provider State Board Licensing and Credentialing, Federal Tort Claims Act cases, Commercial Litigation, and Health Care Law. I have represented clients in over 60 complex jury trials in federal and state courts throughout Virginia.
After leaving active service in 1990, I remained in the Navy Reserves and served in a number of leadership positions until my retirement as a Captain in 2005, the last 7 years as a military judge with the Navy and Marine Corps Reserve Trial Judiciary.
I am married and live with my beautiful wife, Jackie, in Virginia Beach. I have two amazing adult daughters, Mara Filetti Jordan and Dana Filetti, an adult stepson, Blake Sanchez, and two English Bulldogs, Beatrice and Bruno. I am originally from Western Pennsylvania and love my Pittsburgh Steelers and Pirates and Penn State and Alabama football.
Professional Affiliations and Awards
· AV Peer Rated, Martindale Hubbell
· Best Lawyers in America
· ABA Young Lawyer of the Year, Military Law Section, Navy, 1985
Military Service and Awards
· Judge Advocate, U.S. Navy (1979-1990)
· Judge Advocate, U.S. Navy Reserve (1990-2005)
· Military Judge, Navy and Marine Corps Reserve Trial Judiciary (1998-2005)
· Captain, JAGC, U.S. Navy Reserve (Retired)
· Meritorious Service Medal (two Gold Stars)
· Navy Commendation Medal (two Gold Stars)
· Navy Achievement Medal
· The George Washington University, LL.M., 1987
· The University of Toledo College of Law, J.D., 1979
· The Pennsylvania State University, M.R.P., 1979
· The George Washington University, B.A. International Affairs, 1974
Admitted to Practice
· Commonwealth of Virginia
· State of Ohio
· U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit
· U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
· U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
· United States Court of Military Appeals